Steps to Reset Phone Settings
Resetting the device restores all the factory defaults,including the ringer types and display settings. The Contacts list, call history, scheduler, and messaging are not affected.
- Press Start > All Programs > Settings > More... >Security.
- Select Phone Reset and press OK key.
- Enter the lock code and press Done (left softkey).The default lock code is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- Read the disclaimer and press OK (left softkey).
Steps to Complete a Hard Reset
This reset will delete any installed applications or personal information saved to the device.Contacts stored on the SIM card will not be deleted.
- Remove the storage card from the device, if one is present.
- With phone powered off: a) Press and hold both the left and right softkeys b)While both softkeys are held down, press and hold Power button until the unit powers on.
- As the device begins to power on, release both soft keys.Once the phone powers on, you should see an onscreen alert message (a white screen with blue text). If you do not see this screen, let the device power up normally, turn it off again, and then repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Immediately after the alert screen appears, press the left softkey.You have only five seconds to press the left softkey. Otherwise, the device will start up normally and the reset will be unsuccessful.
- If the reset was successful, the device displays a pop-up message stating the device is currently reformatting. This process can take several minutes. Allow the process to finish without interruption.
- When the device has finished resetting, follow the Windows Mobile setup instructions displayed on the screen.