Steps to Reset Phone
A master reset reverts the device back to factory settings. It will permanently erase all personal data, preferences, settings and downloaded content like ringtones and apps from your phone. It is recommended that you save (backup) your important data like contacts, photos, calendar etc. to your sim, SD card, or your computer before proceeding.
- From the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
NOTE: Tap to check Format USB Storage to remove all saved media and applications from an inserted Micro SD memory card.
- If security is enabled, enter your unlock PIN, password, or pattern.
- Tap Erase Everything.
Alternative method to reset phone
- Power off the device.
NOTE: If unable to power off, remove and reinsert the battery.
- Hold down the Volume Up + Volume Down keys AND the Power Key until the First Samsung Splash Screen comes up and quickly let go of the keys.
This will bring you to the Android recovery menu.
- Use the Volume Up + Volume Down keys to move up and down the menu, and use the Home key to select the menu options.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and tap OK.
- Selet Yes and press the Home Key.
- After user data is cleared, the reboot system now option is highlighted by default. Tap OK.