How to master reset HTC Touch HD
Reset instructions for HTC Touch HD
To perform a soft reset
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located between the SIM card and the storage card slots.
Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
To perform a hard reset
- With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then briefly press the POWER button.
- Continue pressing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see this message on the screen:This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default settings. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
- Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
You can also use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
- On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
- On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
- Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.
Warning!: While reset/restore operation under process, you are advised not to remove your battery until the operation is completed and cellphone restarts otherwise phone damage may occur.
*Disclaimer:Performing a master clear/master reset/hard reset will erase all your data (photos,videos,contacts etc) completely and reset all the settings to Factory default. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.In no event will resetcellphone.com be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage. For complete disclaimer notice please visit Disclaimer. The brand names are the registered trademark of respective manufacturers.