To perform a soft reset
Use the stylus to press the RESET button found at the bottom of your device. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
To perform a hard reset
- Press and hold the GPS/MESSAGING and INTERNET EXPLORER buttons, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the GPS/MESSAGING and INTERNET EXPLORER buttons until you see this message on the screen:This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press Send to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
- Release the buttons, and then press SEND on your device to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Another way of clearing the device storage and reset all settings back to factory default settings is to use the Clear Storage feature.
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
- Enter “1234” then tap Yes.