Steps to Reset Phone
A master reset reverts the devices settings back to their factory defaults. It will permanently erase all personal data, apps, and media content like pictures, music, and video. Backing up important data to a computer is recommended before proceeding.
- From the Start screen, slide to the App menu, or tap icon with arrow inside circle.
- Flick to and tap Settings.
- Flick to and tap About.
- Flick to and tap Reset your phone.
- A confirmation message will be displayed. Tap Yes.
NOTE: The device will automatically reset and may not function for up to 15 minutes following the master reset.
Alternative way to Reset Phone
- As an alternate method, while the device is off, hold down the Power/Camera/Down Volume keys simultaneously until a triangle displays. Follow the onscreen instructions to format the device.