To perform a soft reset
Use the stylus to press the Reset button found on the bottom side of your device. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
Using Clear Storage
Clear Storage lets you clear all storage data and reset all settings back to manufacturer default settings.
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab, then tap Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234, then tap Yes.
To perform a hard reset
- Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom side of your Device.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two SOFT KEYs until you see the warning message on the screen.
- Release the two SOFT KEYs, and follow the on-screen instruction to do the hard reset.
- press the SEND button on your Device to start the hard reset.
- press the OK button on your Device to complete the hard reset.
If you do not want to continue the hard reset, then press END button to quit the procedure and the device will perform the soft reset automatically.