Performing a soft reset
All documents, files and device settings are unaffected.
- While the device is powered on, insert the stylus into the Reset button.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
It permanently erases all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed.
- Press and hold Volume Down and the Center Navigation key while pressing the Reset button on the bottom of the device.
- Release the Reset button and continue to hold the Volume Down and Center Navigation Keys until the message displays.
- Press Volume Up to complete the reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
- From the today screen, tap Start.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap System tab.
- Tap Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234, then tap Yes.