Steps to Perform a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running programs, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running program before performing a soft reset.
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom right side of the iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
- The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the Today screen.
Steps to Perform a Hard Reset or Full Reset
A clean reset or a factory restore clears all the user-installed programs, configuration/data, and restores your iPAQ to factory settings. Be sure to save any important/unsaved data to an external memory source before performing a factory restore since all your data will be erased.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- While holding the Power button, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom right side of the HP iPAQ for about five seconds.
The HP iPAQ screen fades and the device resets. Once the device resets and the screen comes back on, release the Power button and remove the stylus from the Reset button.