Steps to Reset Phone
Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.
- From the home screen, select the App menu.
- Select Settings.If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.
- Select Privacy.
- From the Personal data section, select Factory Data Reset.
- Select Reset phone.
- If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
- Select Erase Everything. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
Alternate method to Reset Phone
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Select Power off.
- Slide the keyboard open.
- Press and hold the Power button+X key simultaneously until the Recovery screen (exclamation point with an android figure) appears.
- From the Recovery screen, press the volume up+ down keys simultaneously.
- Select wipe data/factory reset. Utilize the Volume keys (up / down) to highlight and the Power button to select. If necessary, slide the keyboard to the closed position.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data. Allow the factory reset process to complete.
- Select reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.