Steps to Reset Phone
This restores the original factory settings and erases all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. A master reset will erase all your data and require you to sign in again and go through set up screens.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Tap Erase everything.
Steps to reset phone using hardware keys
Completing a master reset will erase all data stored on the phone memory and reset settings to the factory default.
- Turn off the phone. If the phone is frozen and won’t turn off using the Power button, pull the battery out.
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time.Press and hold the buttons until a triangle with an exclamation point appears on the screen.
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time to get the System Recovery Screen to appear.
- Press the Volume Down button to highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Press the Power key to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Press Volume up button to Highlight Yes on Delete all user Data.
- Press Power key to select delete all user data.
- Press OK.
- Once completed press Volume Up button to highlight Reboot System Now.
- Press Power key to select reboot system now.