Steps to Reset Phone
This restores the original factory settings and erases all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available). A master reset will erase all your data and require you to sign in again and go through set up screens.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- Scroll down and uncheck Delete Data on Memory Card.
- Tap Erase everything.
Steps to reset phone using hardware keys
Before completing a master reset, confirm that you have your MOTOBLUR User ID and Password if you intend to sign back into your existing MOTOBLUR account. Completing a master reset will erase all data stored o the phone memory and reset settings to the factory default.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the X key, then turn the phone back on using the Lock / Power key. Continue to hold down the X key until you see the phone go into recovery mode (screen with Android robot, Triangle, and exclamation mark).
- Press the Lock / Power key once more to access the Android System Recovery Utility screen.
- Use the Volume Down, Left Arrow key, or the BACKTRACK to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Return key.
- Use the Volume Down, Left Arrow key, or the BACKTRACK to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
- Press the Return key to master reset and wipe all data.
- When finished, you will be taken back to the Android System Recovery Utility screen.
- Confirm reboot system now is highlighted, then press the Return key.
- The device will power cycle, and then begin the normal boot up process.
- Sign back into their MOTOBLUR account or Register a new account.