Steps to Perform Soft Reset
This will clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly.If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
- Pull out the stylus which is attached on the back side of the device.
- Remove the Accessory/Charger Port Cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located to the left of the charger port.
- Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
Steps to Perform Hard Reset
This restores the phone to its default setting.This will erase the programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your phone.
- Press Start > Settings> System > Memory.
- Tap Clear Storage and select Factory Default from the Clear Type drop-down menu. Then tap Clear.