Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
It permanently erases all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed.
- With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and SEND buttons.
- Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with 3 Android images at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.
Tip: If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
Performing a factory reset via settings
- Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset.
- On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.